Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mary wants to be a Prostitute


0087


Mary wants to be a Prostitute


When Sister asked the children in her class what they wanted to be when they grew up
little Tommy said he wanted to be a pilot.
Elsie said she wanted to be a doc­tor,
Bobby to Sister’s great joy, said he wanted to become a priest.
Then Mary stood up and declared she wanted to be a prostitute,

“What was that again, Mary?”

“When I grow up,” said Mary with the air of someone who knew exactly what she wanted,
“I shall become a prostitute.”

Sister was startled beyond words.
Mary was immediately segregated from the rest of the children and taken to the Parish Priest.

Father was given the facts in broad outline but he wanted to check them out with the culprit,
“Tell me what happened in your own words, Mary.”

 “Well,” said Mary, somewhat taken aback by all this fuss,
“Sister asked me what I wanted to become when I grew up and I said I wanted to become a prostitute.”

“Did you say prostitute?” asked Father, double-checking.

“Yes.”

“Heavens! What a relief!
We all thought you said you were going to become a Protestant!”



The prayer of the frog. Volume – I

Anthony de Mello
 

No comments: